- Redwood Shores Bee Removal – Bees In Wall Again
- Swarm Traps Continue To Lure Bee Swarms
- 7+ Year Old Hive In Los Altos Hills – Bee Removal
- Adopt-A-Hive – New Bees For A Local Beekeeper
- Mountain View Apartment Bees Rescued Instead Of Sprayed – Thanks Kevin!
- Honey Bees In Recycle Bin – Los Altos
- 5+ Year Old Hive Relocating, Homeowners As New Beekeepers – Menlo Park
- Attic Vent Hole Colony Rescued – Los Altos Bee Removal
- Bees In Vent Hole – Los Altos Hills Bee Removal
- Wasp Spray Do Not Kill Honeybee Colonies – Los Altos Bee Removal
- Newly Established Colony Garden Hosed! – Menlo Park Bee Removal
- Fumigated Bees Survive – Mountain View Bee Removal
- Adopt-A-Hive – New Beekeepers Taking Bees To Lake County
- Downtown Los Altos – Bumble – Tiny Queenless Swarm
- Swarm In Los Altos Going To New Beekeepers
Emily Heath on Wasp Spray Do Not Kill Honeybe… Gary Fawcett on Downtown Los Altos – Bum… Brendan on Adopt-A-Hive – Menlo Par… mylatinnotebook on Adopt-A-Hive – Almanden… Andrea on MVDennis Hive Brings Back Chil…
- May 2013 (15)
- April 2013 (14)
- March 2013 (22)
- February 2013 (12)
- January 2013 (7)
- December 2012 (3)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (3)
- August 2012 (8)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (21)
- May 2012 (29)
- April 2012 (47)
- March 2012 (36)
- February 2012 (25)
- January 2012 (11)
- December 2011 (9)
- November 2011 (14)
- October 2011 (17)
- September 2011 (18)
- August 2011 (21)
- July 2011 (14)
- June 2011 (27)
- May 2011 (21)
- April 2011 (25)
- March 2011 (28)
- February 2011 (14)
- January 2011 (18)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (9)
- September 2010 (24)
- August 2010 (25)
- July 2010 (16)
- June 2010 (12)
Media on LAHB
Category Archives: Misc
Some of you emailed asking if there was something wrong with the blog. The pictures aren’t show. That’s because the server I was linking the pictures so was hacked. It will be back online this week, hopefully. I have a … Continue reading
Looks like citrus is blooming early this year.
Article on toledoblade.com regarding shortage of honey bees for pollination this year. Some key highlights: Not enough bees covering a frame indicates an unhealthy hive — and fewer working bees to pollinate the almond bloom, which starts next week across … Continue reading
Wow, it’s cold outside. I walked out to the backyard and it was only 34.3 degrees F. As I walked over the lawn I can hear the frozen grass and each step made a crunching sound. Here are thermal images … Continue reading
Happy New Year everyone! Gonna be a week + of freezing nights for us.
Bees are out today after the nasty storm.
Friday, today is the Winter solstice, the shortest day of the year, the turning point… well, after some more nasty stuff coming our way. Cold, wet, and windy.
Wow, it was freezing cold last night. Woke up to a pretty thick layer of frost.
This is just for my own records. Has been chilly. Nights dropped into the 30s. First frost Sunday morning.
Rain is here! Will this be our first good storm of the season? I harvested my last excess honey on Saturday and covered all my hives today in prep for the rain.