Yesterday I just ordered a ProVision PV618 Borescope from eToolDirect.com for a great price. Retail is $99. Discount Code TJS will minus $10. So $89 plus it still qualifies for FREE shipping. Internet order, no tax either. Here’s the link for those needing one: eToolDirect Borescope Link
Anyways, how will a borescope help my bee removal? It’ll help me greatly in finding where the bee colony is without tearing things apart. All I would need to do is drill a 1/4 inch hole and stick the borescope inside to see what’s there. 1/4 inch hole is small and easily repaired. I won’t need to tear down anymore walls or ceilings to find the bees now. 🙂
- High resolution lens provides a clear image of objects as close as 3/4 inch and over one foot away while providing a wide 40 degree field of view.
- Powerful lamp illuminates dark crevices on-demand with the push of a button conveniently located on the handle.
- Ergonomically designed handle is comfortable to hold and allows one-handed focusing and light activation.
- Rugged and water resistant, Pro-Vision is made of high impact ABS and flexible cable sheathing. (Note: Shaft is water resistant, not the handle.)
- PV2618 have .23″ diameter, flexible, non-obedient cable. All other models have .4″ diameter, flexible, obedient cable
- Durable carrying case included. Unfortunately this batch came without the instruction manual but they are all easy to use.
- Cable Length: 18″ (457.2mm)
- Cable Diameter: .23″
- Handle Length: 6″ (152.4mm)
- Handle Width: 1.43″ (36.2mm)Overall Length: 24″ (609.6mm)
- Weight of Scope w/ Carrying Case: 1 lb. 5.7 oz (615 g)
- Field of View: 40°
- Optimal Viewing Distance: Min. .8″ (20mm), Max. is dependent upon ambient lighting conditions.
- Lamp Volts: 2.7 volts (Halogen)
- Power Source: 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Comes with Plastic case