Received a call from Shu this morning saying that they just closed on the house and the inspector told him that he has bees on the eve of his roof. When I heard that I thought maybe it was too late and the swarm moved in already but I rushed over and saw that it was just a swarm and where they were clustered didn’t have any void space they could call home. This was a pretty good sized swarm. There were more bees on top of the roof.
I came with just my camera so I went back to my parent’s place to pick up my dad and our truck complete with our bee removal equipment. We knocked the bees into a hive box and quickly caught the queen. Though it took me twice because the first time I caught her I thought I squeezed her in between the catcher so I opened it up and saw her fly off. Then found here again on the edge of the hive box and caught her for reals this time. 🙂
We left the box there until dark to pick up all the bees as some did move underneath the roof tiles. Thanks Shu for calling us to save the bees!