Bee Removal From Tree – Got the Queen

Did our first bee removal of 2013 this past weekend from a tree trunk. It had to be removed now because some tree work needs to be done. It appeared to be a small colony in a small cavity at the base of the tree. Combs weren’t dark so this colony could have moved in really late in the Fall. Vacuumed and removed what we can and never expected to get the queen. But we heavily smoked them at the end and at one point we vacuumed the queen. We didn’t know until we were ready to combine the bees with another smaller queen right colony at home. Good thing we checked because usually we just do the combine of bees from a tree as I would say 99% of the time we don’t get the queen. This is that 1%. A good start to 2013! 🙂

20130108-112939.jpg

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Bee Removal, Honey Bees, Mountain View and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s