We did a bee removal from a 1896 historic home in Palo Alto last Saturday. It wasn’t actually on the main home but a cottage in the back. A swarm moved in about a week ago and made home in the wall entering through some holes on the redwood siding.
We carefully removed the redwood siding without cracking any boards as some of them aren’t standard sizes anymore, and we did minimal cutting to ensure it can be restored to it’s original condition.
Here is our first look at the newly formed colony. They built a few comb sections.
And here’s our queen.
We left the box there to make sure we get all the bees and picked up the colony at night.
Thanks Barbara for having us save our local honeybees!